Nuggets written by Coach Crystal Blaker
What do you connect with?
The definition of Connect- bring together or into contact so that a real link is established.
Let’s turtle 🐢 that and break down the definition a little bit. 😁
1. Bring together, into contact- Not separate or alone. 👤 Some type of physical contact. 👏🏼👊🏼
3. Real- Not fake, no faćade, no masks 🎭 The real deal, vulnerability. 😬😱 Deep conversations. 🗣
4. Link- makes me think of a chain. ⛓The more pieces we have the stronger we are, the more complete we are. There is physical connection with a link, a commonality that brings us together.
– You know that saying from an Ancient African Proverb, “It takes a village to raise a child” 👧🏾 It truly does and whether we’re looking at that from an angle to help ourselves, our marriage, or raising our kids it’s best and easiest with a village rather than going at it alone.
4. Then lastly, Established- when it was made or created. 🙏🏼💜
The definition of Connect again is, to bring together or into contact so that a real link is established.
So what do I connect with?
Mother Nature 🌍
I’m able to have that physical contact with earth whether it’s hiking rock climbing or laying on a hammock 🌲 and I can do this with God, my family or friends and escape from the business of life and get into some deep conversations, being real and vulnerable.
As Bethany Hamilton 🏄🏼♀️ said, “I don’t want to be so busy striving to have it all that I forget I have just that, enough.” 🙌🏼
Getting outside 🌲🌵 and grounding myself with silence, peace 🙇🏼♀️ and the stillness of the wind 💨 reminds me of my Creator and centering myself back on Him. This is my direct connection to my spirit, my playfulness and my curiosity. Exploring the world around me.
When I started SOUL Fitness in September of 2018 I absolutely loved 💜listening to the nuggets. Man I got so much out of them! They spoke to me, right to the core of my being. It was like they wrote them specifically for me. 😮😬I couldn’t believe it, but then I started seeing how much I needed to work on different areas in my life and not just my fitness and health. Even more importantly my internal and mental well being.
Well how can I do that? By being in contact with people I trust, being real and vulnerable, connecting with others and establishing a new me! 😁
Learning from others, but not just anyone; those who have experience, knowledge and who are already doing what I need to be doing. Surrounding myself with those who are better than me and not better physically or externally, but internally and motivationally. That is what makes me humble. 🙇🏼♀️
What good are we to others if we are not good internally ourselves?! 🤔🤷🏼♀️😉 Because then we become the exact opposite of that definition connect. We become fake, put on that mask, hide and remain alone without asking for help from others. Which in the end prevents any growth 🌱and a new version of you.
Another African Proverb states “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.”
So take that leap 🏃🏼♀️ of faith! Connect with someone on an intimate and deep level. Challenge yourself because it’ll only make you better in the end.
Question for the day:
What is 1 thing you can start implementing into your routine to stay connected spiritually, mentally or physically?